About the Course:
Susan C. Clinton PT, DScPT, OCS, WCS, FAAOMPT, NBHWC is an award-winning Physical Therapist in professional achievement and co-owner of Embody Physiotherapy and Wellness in Sewickley, PA. Susan is board certified in orthopedic and women’s health physical therapy, a fellow of the American Academy of Orthopedic Manual Therapy and a board certified health and wellness coach. She is an international instructor of post-professional education in women’s health (including GI issues in Women), orthopedic manual therapy and business psychology. She is on Faculty at Andrews University in the Doctor of Science in PT program, a Master Coach for the Integrative Women’s Health Institute and a clinical faculty instructor for the North American Institute of Orthopedic Manual Therapy. She is an adjunct faculty at many other universities and is an active professional/clinical mentor. Susan is the co-founder and board member for the foundation: Global Women’s Health Initiative (GWHI) www.gwhi.com She is also the co-host of the 5 star podcast, “Tough to Treat” www.toughtotreat.com the guide to treating complex patients and “The Genius Project” www.thegeniusptproject.com – reframing the treatment of persistent musculoskeletal pain.
1) Define and differentiate lumbopelvic pain, pelvic-girdle pain and pregnancy-related pelvic girdle.
2) Review the critical examination of the scientific literature base related to PGP and other associated topics (SIJ, SPD).
3) Review the historical assumptions and evolution of science as related to pelvic girdle pain and pregnancy related PGP.
4) Understand the common impairments, functional limitations and disabilities associated with pregnancy-related PGP.
5) Develop understanding of an evidence-informed care approach to capture all relevant aspects of the pain presentation.
After purchasing the event you will receive a link in your email for direct access.