ABOUT THE COURSE
Learn all the pelvic floor considerations you should know before and after getting a hysterectomy. We’ll discuss the supportive structure of the uterus, how it works with the vagina, and what you can do post-operatively to optimize your vaginal fitness and recovery.
1. What is a hysterectomy?
2. What are the common medical reasons for hysterectomy? Benefits of a hysterectomy?
3. What are the less invasive options for hysterectomy if surgery is to be avoided?
4. How does the uterus support the vaginal canal and pelvic floor? What benefits are there to avoiding a hysterectomy?
5. What are some changes that I may notice after surgery?
6. How can I improve my core strength, control, and reproductive function after having a hysterectomy?
Dr. Howell is a Women’s Health Physical Therapist at Northwestern Hospital in Chicago, IL-focusing on urogynecology muscular disorders. She enjoys treating urinary incontinence, urinsry frequency, painful sex, and post partum pelvic girdle pain. She personally relates to her patients on a personal level because she is a PCOS warrior herself and is constantly learning and loving all the resources and research that she can use to improve hormonal health and happiness for women who struggle with this condition. She also is a preacher, speaker, and advicate for womens rights here and abroad.
After purchasing the event you will receive a link in your email for direct access.